Stan Lee’s ex-business manager Keya Morgan is represented by Antonio Castillo of Richie Litigation, P.C.
Video first appeared on FoxLA.com
A lawyer for Stan Lee‘s former business manager Keya Morgan is calling the charges of elder abuse filed against him the “latest in the line of personal attacks” against his client.
Attorney Antonio Castillo III said in an exclusive statement to Page Six, “They are without merit and designed solely to drag his name in the mud in anticipation of the coming litigation on behalf Mr. Morgan against ill-intentioned parties that have been defaming him and interfering with his business dealings for the past few months.”
Morgan was charged on May 10 with five counts of elder abuse, including false imprisonment, fraud, and forgery. A warrant was also issued for his arrest.
In an email, Castillo continued to deny the allegations against Morgan, saying, “the patently false claims of elder abuse are total lies, and have been shown to be that in the past. They are only resurfacing now because Stan Lee himself is no longer alive and able to refute them as he had done previously.”
Comis legend Lee died in November at age 95 after dealing with numerous illnesses, including pneumonia. Prior to his death, the Marvel co-creator threatened to sue anyone who said Morgan was mistreating him. Morgan also said in a tweet he would file a lawsuit against “fraudsters” who accused him of abuse.
“There are numerous instances of Stan saying nothing but nice things about Keya and directly refuting and dismissing any allegations of elder abuse,” Castillo added. “Keya Morgan and Stan Lee were close friends and business partners that leeches and vultures wanted to separate because Mr. Morgan would not allow Stan to be taken advantage of.”
The California-based attorney did not elaborate on who the “leeches” and “vultures” were, but according to Reuters, Lee’s family is behind the accusations that have brought about the latest charges.
This article originally appeared on Page Six.
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. (FOX 11) – Up-and-coming singer Jesus Ortiz Paz, a popular musician within the Latino community, is accusing the San Bernardino Police Department of police brutality after he was arrested over the weekend following a house party.
Ortiz Paz says police officers left him bruised and bloodied after his face was slammed by officers. Police say he was resisting arrest.
The incident began at about 10 p.m. May 11 after police received several calls about a loud party at a home in the 700 block of West 27th Street that included fireworks, according to the San Bernardino Police Department. They say when officers showed up, the partygoers became unruly and refused to turn down their music or cooperate with officers’ orders.
Video and Article Courtesy of: FoxLA.com
Four UCSB police officers have filed suit against the UC Regents and UCSB, alleging offensive and demoralizing workplace activities that persisted despite repeated alerts to the then Police Chief Dustin Olson, his deputy chief, and his lieutenants, and that their complaints resulted in retaliatory actions against them. The allegations include charges of racist talk and sexually offensive videos — one even from a sexual assault video held in evidence — all for the entertainment of officers.
Lieutenant Mark Signa was the first to file suit, asserting he’d gone on stress leave in June 2018 after 28 years of service in UCSB’s Police Department. In his complaint, Signa states he conveyed to department brass his and other officers’ concerns about Sergeant Ryan Smith, who made “dick jokes” while female officers were present. Signa claims Olson, then-deputy chief Cathy Farley, Lieutenant David Millard, and Sergeant Robert Romero acted to protect Smith.
Corporal Tiffany Little and her husband, Corporal Michael Little, filed their complaint in Santa Barbara Superior Court on March 19, 2019. Both the Littles and Signa are represented by Richie Litigation, a Los Angeles law firm. The Littles’ lawsuit makes allegations similar to Signa’s, adding that their prospects for advancement were deliberately curtailed and their choice of work hours limited though they had seniority. Michael Little claims he lost his firearm instructor status and was denied a computer forensics position despite 25 years of experience. Tiffany Little alleges that after she made a complaint on UCSB’s whistleblower system in September 2018, her belongings were thrown in the trash, her house was egged, and she was given the silent treatment from her superiors.
Tiffany Little’s whistleblower complaint had to do with 2016 event on campus that resulted in conflicting stories. Little states she reported to Sergeant Smith that an officer repeatedly entered the students’ residence hall for unexplained lengths of time during which his radio was turned off and he did not respond to calls for police assistance. Smith did nothing, she alleges. Signa also states these alleged transgressions took place and that more than one officer was involved. Signa claimed that Smith didn’t want to act against these officers who were his close friends and that Chief Olson said he wanted the whole situation to go away quietly.
On March 27, 2019, another suit was filed, this time by an anonymous man, John Doe, contesting some parts of Lt. Signa and the Littles’ allegations. John Doe turned out to be, according to his lawyer, none other than Sergeant Ryan Smith. He contends that, in fact, he and two other sergeants met with Signa about the officers entering the dormitory, and that there were civil and criminal investigations, which resulted in a significant financial loss to the university. In his suit, Smith also claims that two officers resigned and two other officers were put on administrative leave.
In his suit, Smith also describes an incident, which if proven true, conveys a culture that mocks sexual assault. According to Smith, on January 27, 2018, he was working the Montecito debris flow for Cal-OES when other law enforcement officers on the scene showed him a phone message in which he believes he recognized the voice of a UCSB-PD officer. The audio dubbed salacious comments onto an evidence video of an alleged sexual assault, a video that had been made by the man, Patrick Galoustian, now formally charged with rape by the Santa Barbara District Attorney’s Office. Smith claims he’d asked his bosses to investigate the officer he suspected of dubbing the tape and who he alleged had made other videos in which he did voiceovers mimicking the accents of UCSB Chancellor Henry Yang, a black UCSB-PD dispatcher, and the victim in the Daniel Chen rape case. Smith, who left the department in late 2017 and is now an assistant chief with the Governor’s Office of Emergency Services, also charges that both Signa and Michael Little harassed him while he was on duty.
What is clear is that all three lawsuits paint a grim picture of misconduct within the UCSB police department. Though the filed court documents contain numerous “he said, she said” instances of the same event, they share the same conclusions that the command team at UCSB-PD and the UC Regent investigation of whistleblower complaints “did nothing.”
The university would not comment on pending litigation, but when asked about student safety, UCSB spokesperson Andrea Estrada expressed confidence in its officers’ “training in law, ethics, procedures, protocol and community policing. … When complaints are made internally or externally, they are promptly investigated and appropriate action is taken. Because personnel action is confidential, particularly for peace officers, often co-workers and others are unaware that matters have been investigated and/or that disciplinary action has been taken.”
Olson resigned in March 2019 and currently heads the police department at the Colorado School of Mines. Farley has been police chief at Allan Hancock College since November 2018. Signa retired. The Littles are still with UCSB-PD. A new chief, James Brock, a 40-year veteran in law enforcement, started last week.
Original Article: Santa Barbara Independent
Los Angeles, CA
Richie Litigation, P.C. has filed a lawsuit against Catholic Charities, the nation’s fifth largest charity, for its employee’s repeated sexual assault and psychological exploitation of a mother of five.
Darren Richie, the lead attorney prosecuting this case, states, “I’ve prosecuted numerous cases involving sexual assault and sexual harassment, but I’ve never seen such negligence on the part of an organization as large and prominent as Catholic Charities. My client sought out Catholic Charities for emergency shelter when she was homeless and providing for five children, and as a result, was subjected to almost a year of sexual assault and abuse.
The trauma inflicted by sexual assault goes without saying, but to allow it to occur in a charitable organization that holds itself out to be a sanctuary for the impoverished is utterly despicable and inhumane. As the details of this matter are coming to light, it is becoming evident and clear that Catholic Charities knowingly hired a felon and then turned a blind eye when that felon willfully exploited, stalked, and preyed on my client when she had nowhere else to go.
The entirety of Catholic Charities’ mission is ‘to provide service to people in need, to advocate for justice in social structures, and to call the entire church and other people of good will to do the same.’
Where was the service here? Where was justice? We at Richie Litigation are making it our mission to hold Catholic Charities accountable for its blatant breach of public trust, even though nothing will ever make my client completely whole again.”
Richie Litigation is zealously committed to fighting for its clients.
Richie Litigation, P.C.
633 W. 5th St., Suite 6780
Los Angeles, CA 90071
Tel: (213) 265-7888
Fax: (844) 314-1380